Wong’s yoga journey began in 2004 when physical illness and associated weakness lead her to try the yoga classes at her local gym. After three and a half years of regular practice, she began to feel the benefits of yoga in reducing the impacts of her illness, and she was experiencing a deeper level of understanding of herself. Her passion for yoga was ignited and she dreamed of becoming a yoga teacher and sharing the practice with others.
Wong’s training has been extensive, in …
- 2008 she completed a 500 Hour Level 1 and 2 Yoga Teacher Training with Byron Yoga Centre.
- 2010 she completed a Pre and Post Natal Yoga Training with Ana Davis
- 2014 she completed a 110 Hour Yoga Therapy Training with Maria Kirsten
- 2014 she completed the certificate IV Yoga Teacher Training with Byron Yoga Centre.
Wong has been practicing yoga for over 12 years and has been teaching for about 8 and a half years. She teaches Hatha Yoga, Gentle Vinyasa Yoga, Restorative Yoga and Therapeutic Yoga, and is experienced in teaching beginners and experienced students.
Wong’s teaching focuses on the breath, core work, building foundations and meditation through movement. Through her classes she aims to help her students to:
- practice safely – with careful attention to natural alignment
- alleviate pain through awareness and mindfulness during the practice, and
- relieve physical and mental stress
Wong is a sincere and devoted yoga teacher with a wealth of experience and knowledge to share with her students.